Baking with Turmeric
375 g Greek yogurt
150 ml of olive oil
juice of 1/2 orange
zest of 1 orange (± 1 teaspoon)
320 g cake flour or self-raising flour
200 g coconut blossom sugar
1 tablespoon of Turmeric
1 teaspoon vanilla powder
Heart-shaped springform pan or round baking pan of 24 cm fat
and flour for baking pan
- Preheat the oven to 150 ºC.
- Mix the “wet” ingredients and the “dry” ingredients in two separate bowls.
- Combine the two mixtures together.
- Grease the baking pan and dust with flour or flour.
- Bake the yogurt cake in about 45-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out dry. Turn off the oven, but let the cake “recover” for a while by leaving it in the oven, which is still cooling, for 10 minutes, with the oven door ajar.
- Then take the cake out of the oven and let it cool further still in the tin.
- Do you like sweet? Then sprinkle the cake with icing sugar or replace the coconut blossom sugar with cane or granulated sugar.
- If necessary, use the second half of the orange to decorate the cake.
Do you also have a tasty baking recipe with Turmeric?
Let us know and send a nice photo of your result. If you give permission, we will share the photos on this page! Here you can already see a few.